Romeo and Juliet Statue

Romeo and Juliet guard the entrance to the Delacoorte Theater as a bronze statue that depicts the doomed lovers of celebrated playwright and poet William Shakespeare’s (1564–1616) tragic play. One of two companion pieces sculpted by Milton Hebald (1917–2015) and unveiled in 1977, the piece is a gift of publisher and philanthropist George T. Delacorte (1894–1991). He donated the Delacorte Theater, which is best known for its free Shakespeare productions that play each summer. Hebald’s other piece at the site, The Tempest (1966), commemorates the Shakespeare play of the same name.

A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.