The New York Urban Park Rangers are offering New Yorkers a chance to spend the night under the stars in Central Park.
To enroll in the lottery, visit the online registration site or call 212-628-2345 between 10 AM- 4 PM on the dates stated above. The lottery, which will be selected at random by a computer generated drawing, will be open for 24-hours beginning at midnight.
If you are one of the 30 lucky campers, the Urban Park Rangers will provide you with the tents and food and you bring the sleeping bag!
• To camp on Saturday, June 5, 2010, online registration begins on Wednesday, May 26, 2010.
• To camp on Saturday, July 3, 2010, online registration begins on Wednesday, June 23, 2010.
• To camp on Saturday, August 7, 2010, online registration begins on Wednesday, July 28, 2010.
In order to guarantee everyone an equal chance of attending our programs, we’ve developed a lottery for program registration.
How the Lottery Works:
- The lottery will be open to submissions for a 24-hour period, beginning at midnight on the dates specified below.
- If you do not have access to a computer and cannot visit the library to register online, we will be able to enter your name for you if you call the phone number listed alongside your program of interest in the table below between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the day of the lottery.
- We permit one registration entry per household per program. If you enter more than once, you will be disqualified from the lottery.
- The lottery closes at 11:59 p.m. Soon after, a list of attendees is randomly generated by computer. If you are selected, you will receive a phone call to confirm within a few days of the lottery.
- In the case of cancellation, we will select and notify the next eligible group on the (also randomly generated) waiting list.