Central Park remains open to the public and the Central Park Conservancy staff remains committed to caring for the Park. They are diligently cleaning and conducting routine maintenance of landscapes, water bodies, and benches in order to keep the Park open as a place of solace — while practicing social distancing — during this crucial time.
It’s our shared responsibility to take care of ourselves and each other. While staying indoors is critical, if you must get air or walk your dog, please do so responsibly and:
- Always maintain a social distance of 6 feet from others at all times, even while wearing a face covering
- Wear a mask or face covering when in the Park
- Avoid gathering in small or large groups and coming in contact with individuals outside of your own household
- Avoid games and activities that require close contact. While solo exercise is okay, team sports are not permitted right now
- Avoid all nonessential social interaction
To assist with needed social distancing, the Great Lawn, Sheep Meadow, and the North Meadow are open and for passive solitary use only.
Please visit the Central Park Conservancy’s website for up to date information.