The Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater — Here children of all ages can enjoy original productions in a beautifully renovated cottage. For over fifty years, puppeteers have been bringing to life magical tales of princesses, paupers, genies, and giants to hundreds of youngsters and their parents at Central Park’s Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater.
NOW SHOWING: THE PRINCESS, THE EMPEROR AND THE DUCK
A modern retelling of three classic Hans Christian Andersen tales. Tickets are $8/children and $12/adults.
– Schedule varies, refer to the ticket purchasing website for up to date showtimes.
– Tickets are required.
– Children 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
RESERVATIONS Reservations are required.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES The Cottage features a unique party room adjacent to the theater that comes equipped with child-size furniture, making it an ideal spot to host your child’s next birthday party. The Theatre holds up to 100 people and the party room provides seating for up to 30 children.
* Tickets: Children $8; Adults $12
* Group discounts for schools, camps, and non-profit organizations
* Reservations required
* Further information: 212-988-9093
* Birthday parties, available afternoons: call well in advance of the date you have in mind.
Location: 79th St. & West Drive